So, here is something to laugh at in a few days time. My predictions for DH:
- Voldemort will be vanquished for good. Either die or experience what is worse than death.
- Harry will live. (This is pure stubbornness coupled with some wilfull ways to interpret things.)
- The "Deathly Hallows" in the title refer to the Horcruxes. Or possibly just those who has belonged to the Founders.
- Dumbledore's gleam of triumph when he learned that Voldemort had taken some drops of Harry's blood in GOF will finally be explained and turn out to be significant.
- Snape is the ultimate Slytherin that Nigellus described in OOTP p 437 Brittish Hardcover
We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.
As such he is first and foremost out to save his own skin with one leg in each camp. That way being able to always claim allegance to the winning side.
However, at HBP, chapter 2, he had to choose, and he chose the Dark path.
- If possible, he might try to neutralize that choice somehow at the end of DH when it's clear the Good side will win...
- Snape loves or has loved Narcissa Malfoy and that's why her tears moved him so.
- Something of the "rubbish" described in the Hiding Room in HBP, when Harry hides his potion book, will turn out to be of importance one way or another.
- Florean Fortescue was taken by DEs because he belonged to the Order (one of the many anonymous wizards that do). It could also explain why Lupin felt the info of his fate was important enough to bring up immidiately he arrived at Harry's 16th birthday party.
- Florean being in the Order, and a good friend of Albus, was why he took so good care of Harry in POA. Offering free icecreams and homework help, so he could keep an eye on him for his friend Dumbledore's sake.
- Bill Weasley, the Curse-Breaker, will help get to and/or destroy Horcruxes in some way, whether he knows what they are or not. It can't be a coincedence he is now home and available for counceling!
- Peter Pettigrew will honour his lifebond to Harry in some form or other,
- Harry will NOT return to Hogwarts in September to attend his final year at school (even if it opened).
- Hogwarts will not reopen as a school (until after the war is over).
- The trio will work together (outside of school) to find Horcruxes and destroy them.
- The goblins will join the rebellion - that's why we've heard so much about them in History classes all these years.
- We'll find out that there are dragons at Gringotts.
- The red and yellow that is reflected in Harry's glasses at the front of the BCC, is a dragon breathing fire. IE, the trio will get into some sort of mayhem at Gringotts involving a dragon.
- They are in a middle of a war and far more than two good people will be killed.
- We'll see more of Dedalus Diggle, and that's why he was first mentioned in PS/SS Chapters 1-2 and seen in the background some more times since then.
- The new leader of the Order will be either Dedalus Diggle or Aberforth Dumbledore.
- RAB was Regulus Arcturus Black.
- The green Potion that Dumbledore drank was indeed the potion Voldemort had placed there.
(This parenthes is not a prediction, but two theories which could explain how that would be possible are:
If the eerie green Potion worked as the green barrier blocking the stairs to the Astronomy Tower at the end, it is possible that any Death-Eater with a Dark Mark on his/her arm would be able to just reach through it. Getting the real locket out, and the fake one in... Theory origin: DumbleDebbie at LL.
Or if he drank Felix Felicis before going to retrieve it the Potion might have suggested bringing something with him he could scoup it up in for temporary storing. Theory origin: mine. As well as a million other theories no doubt... )
- We'll find out what Dumbledore saw in the cave when he drank that horrible Potion in HBP.
- It'll be a terrible instance in his past when some people he cared deeply for, possibly his family
members, were tortured or killed. This is why he can say to Harry at the end of OOTP Brittish Hardcover Edition
pp 725 and 726:
"I know how you're feeling, Harry. " .... "You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it."
- We'll learn more about Grindelwald.
- Possibly he taught Tom Riddle Jr in advanced Dark Magic or told him about his past?
(The 16 year old Memory of Riddle in the Diary was all arrogant about Dumbledore, whereas we know he later grew to fear Dumbledore. It stands to reason, that something happened after the Diary was made, that changed Riddle's perception of Dumbledore. I believe Grindelwald's defeat and death might have had that effect on Riddle if he admired Grindelwald or looked up to him.)
- Grindelwald may turn out to have created a Horcrux or was he the original leader of the Death Eaters?
- Several Order members will die.
- Bill and Fleur will get married - ie no Death Eaters will disrupt it for them.
- The fact that Aragog's off-springs now are all over the Forbidden Forest and completely out of control will be important somehow. (Hopefully they'll inadvertently help dispose of Death Eaters or Voldemort at some point. This parenthes is not a prediction though.)
- Grawp will turn up to save the day in some tight situation. There's got to be a reason to include that giant trouble-maker in the story!
- Dumbledore's words in COS, repeated by Harry at the end of HBP, will still hold true, somehow... "I will only truelly have left this school when none here are loyal to me." (And yes, I know Albus is dead.)
- We'll learn something significant about the Founders of Hogwarts and/or their protections of the school.
- Alice and Frank Longbottom will not be cured.
Debbie's Predictions on DH
Debbie's comment: Done last minute, so I'm probably forgetting loads.
Sent to my (Evreka's) email Inbox July 20th, 2007, though after the time where I got completely offline. Therefore the late addition here.
- Voldemort will die (completely)
- Harry will offer his life in place of someone else (right now I'm thinking Snape)
- Harry will forgive Snape
- sacrifice and mercy will both be key themes
- Harry will die (or we'll think he'd dead), but he'll rise again like the phoenix
- Dumbledore's "gleam" means that Harry will ultimately live
- Harry will communicate with those behind the veil on Halloween
- whatever manifestation the love is in the love room, it will help Harry
- "Deathly Hallows" will have multiple layers of meaning:
- spirits, likely of the Hogwarts' Founders
- a crypt underneath Hogwarts, with the graves of the Founders
- four relics, one from each Founder, which are also horcruxes
- Nagini is not a horcrux
- Harry is NOT a horcrux
- completeing the destruction of all the horcruxes will require a contribution from wizards of all 4 houses
- Snape will be essential to the destruction of Voldemort (perhaps not by his conscious choice)
- We will learn why Dumbledore trusted Snape
- Irma Pince is Snape's mum in hiding
- at least one of the horcruxes will be found in Gringott's
- Molly Weasley will die
- Percy Weasley will be somehow responsible (directly or indirectly) for the death of a member of his family and that will finally make him realize the error of his ways
- I used to think Hagrid would die but I now am of the opinion that he is the one to whom Jo gave a reprieve
- the Creevey brothers will be "recklessly brave"
- Victor Krum will be back and will help Harry in some way
- Bill Weasley will also be a big help to Harry
- Harry will be aided by at least one house elf, centaur, goblin, and giant
- there will be no time traveling
- Minerva McGonagall will die (those stunners in OotP were too much foreshadowing)
- Remus Lupin will die
- the Ministry will continue to be useless, or worse, a hindrance to Harry
- Stan Shunpike will be released from Azkaban :-D (but probably not until the Epilogue)
That excluded, the following apply: Copyright (c) Å. Hansson "Evreka". This includes all puzzles (regardless of type), PHP-code, JS-code, crossTrixer, site text, and chosen layout unless otherwise clearly stated. No part of this site may be copied for any use without Å. Hansson's formal and written consent.
This site does not, however, claim any copyrights whatsoever on the content the passtimes evolve around, ie the world of HARRY POTTER. J.K. Rowling holds all copyright here except for the movies and merchandising rights which belongs to Warner Brothers. No copyright infringes are intended.